[HELP] Make cart follow tracks?

So, I’m trying to make what basically amounts to a wooden raft on railroad tracks (or a handcar with nothing but the platform on wheels)… but I’m not sure what needs to done to make sure that the wheeled platform stays on the tracks… I’ve figured out how to get the tracks to snap to one another… but… Do I make the trolley snap to the tracks? Am I looking for something regarding collision? Or would it simply be a “must be placed on track” type option? Please, please, please help… Thanks. :slight_smile:

Honestly I would open up the elevator track files and see how they work. Reverse engineer it to fit you models maybe? I’ve never heard of anyone even attempting anything like this, but sounds awesome!

Yup, that’s exactly what I copied! Now I just have to figure out how to move one of the snap points so that I can add a curved track…

Awesome :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see what you built.

Effectively, It would be great, Did you tried exporting the mesh and editing it via Maya? You can manipulate skeleton and maybe the snappoints of the track. And try editing the pipes to find how to do it.
Good luck with your mod and I will keep an eye to the workshop waiting for you

Effectively, It would be great, Did you tried exporting the mesh and editing it via Maya? You can manipulate skeleton and maybe the snappoints of the track. And try editing the pipes to find how to do it.
Good luck with your mod and I will keep an eye to the workshop waiting for you
[/QUOTE]

I messed with the mesh a bit in maya, but didn’t touch with the skeleton. I’ll look into that, thanks :slight_smile:
I hadn’t considered looking at the pipes… I’ll check those out as well.

I actually managed to move most of the snap points (it seems) after 's “DebugStructures” tip here

Now all that’s left to figure out is how to get the platform to follow the tracks. I messed with a few options that seemed logical, but none of them appeared to control the direction in which the platform moves (it still wants to go up and down as if it’s still on a vertical track). Any ideas there?

You might be at the limitation of what the vanilla elevators can do, as their code is probably hidden that controls this.

Sadly, I think your next best step would be to create your own actor and BP out all the logic.

You’re probably right… I wonder if it’s possible to add spline components to structure blueprints…

So… new idea… What about a raft on land? I tried it, but the only thing the raft would do was glide away until it ran into something that wouldn’t let it pass. It would allow me to ride it and stand on it, but I couldn’t pilot it…

I’ve tried to make the raft work on land too and ran into exactly the same problem. Would be interested to hear if others have any ideas!