HELP! I've moved some blueprints to a different folder now those plugins say they have a null parent class

Yeah I know, never move stuff around, if you didn’t planned ahead and create stupid folder structure, tough luck, you stuck with it.

Anyway, I have one blueprint that inherits from the Actor class. We call this A_blueprint Then from this blueprint I’ve created like 6 child blueprints We call them A01_blueprint, A02_blueprint, and so on.

Now in a different blueprint, we call it X_blueprint, I’ve added a bunch of child components and I’ve added the above A blueprints as the value of the child components

everything was fine till I’ve got the stupid idea to move stuff around to be more organized.

now the A01, A02 and on say that they have a missing class or is a null class.

the main A_blueprint, that one works. For some reason the A01. A02 and on they can’t seem to see their father

I can’t change the base class for these A01, A02 blueprints. It doesn’t let me. the filed is empty doesn’t let me adding something else there.

Even worse, i can’t even change the blueprint child components in the X_blueprint. Again is just empty and add a different blueprint there does nothing.

How do i fix this?

I know my explanation is complicated. Just one question, how do i fix this null class thing?

Hi there,
What you can try to do: go to your project folder content/saves/autosave/game, and search for older versions of you A_Blueprint. Typically, these backup files will have a suffix added to the original name. Perhaps, if you close the project, rename and paste these older files in the original folder structure, and you’ll be able to retrieve your code. It’s worth a try.

didn’t knew about those, I’ve checked the autosave folder but they were not saved there :frowning:

I’ve tried to create a new blueprint base and add that blueprint as parent class. These child blueprint don’t accept blueprints based on the Actor class, they accept animations blueprints and other stuff like that but no Actor based blueprints.

Just for a test I’ve changed one to have a wrong parent blueprint, it worked, then tried to change it back to a blueprint that inherits from the actor class. nope. still doesn’t see it.

Ok, I will delete and recreate them, I don’t have a solution