[Help] How to make object rotate during matinee?

I’ve been trying to figure this out for the past 2 hours and nothing is working. So I have a windmill blade spinning when I press the play button, however I’m trying to make it also spin when the matinee is going through the level. Currently this is my setup:

Blueprint to make blade spin - ://i.imgur/FBLzLTd.png (I was trying to hook the “MatineeActor1” up but nothing I plugged it into worked.

Matinee - ://i.imgur/BeppOJs.png (Has an event track, I selected the windmill blade when I made it and added a key frame for what is supposed to make the blade start to spin during the matinee.)

Any help with this would be much appreciated, it’s the last thing that needs to be done before I can record a fly-through.

How do you start the matinee, because normally the windmill should also start to rotate when you are in the “matinee mode”.
Otherwise when you want to rotate something 360° with matinee, you will have to do it like that:

In the Movement track’s properties set bUseQuatInterpolation to true. This will cause the mesh to use Quaternion rotations and will always result in using the smallest rotation to get to the desired orientation. Then, what I do is make a key for every 90 degrees of the rotation (since a full 360 degree rotation would result in no rotation and 180 degrees could be unpredictable as to which way is the shortest). :slight_smile:

I just right clicked on the camera and hit “pilot” then pressed f11 so I’m in fullscreen and also hide the viewport, then I just record the screen with a program is there a better way to do it? Also something that is annoying with “pilot” instead of “lock viewport to actor” that was in 4.7 is that in the upper left corner it tells you what you have piloted and I can’t seem to find a way to hide it. Maybe you know of a way to hide it? Talking about this if you don’t know - ://i.imgur/Y29brDq.png

You can directly record with matinee -> https://answers.unrealengine/questions/50724/can-i-use-matinee-to-download-my-clip.html :wink:

When I try this I get like 3-4 fps, when I’m in the editor I get 60-80. I tried both 1920x1080 and 1280x720 and closing the editor while the movie was running still got really low frames.

edit: when I watch the clip that it recorded it plays back at 60 fps weird.

That’s because you dont record the video in realtime (so it’s not like a screen recorder) -> it gets baked into a file :slight_smile:
But keep in mind that you wont have any sound in your video!