HELP: How is my Fornite Island rejected for a creative thumbnail?

Hi everyone, I recently came up with a great Thumbnail for my Island project, Sniper VS Runner, and it went very well actracting people to play it. When it got a few thousand players, it was rejected because of the thumbnai for the following reason:

• 1.13 Keep It Authentic - When promoting your island inside Fortnite, the assets (such as thumbnail images, lobby backgrounds, or videos) you use to represent your Fortnite island must accurately represent what players will experience in your island; you must not mislead players as to the sort of experience they will have. You may not incorporate photographs. You may not mention V-Bucks, currency, or rewards. You must not incorporate elements that mislead players with regards to XP gains, in-game items, or Quests. Where Fortnite already provides a visual element to indicate a feature to the players (e.g. the ability to earn XP in your island, or the selection border of a game tile), you must not imitate or supplement it.
    • The promotional image

After reviewing the rules and the guidelines, I found no clear reason for the rejection. The thumbnail well represent the authenticness of the game play that is to using a sniper to shoot a runner. Please help if anyone knows why or it might be a malicious reporting?

Hi Barry, Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for posting the thumbnail.

The first rule that came to my mind was “No guns pointed at viewer” - But this is the opposite of that! I wonder if the moderator got that rule mixed up…

There’s also a part in the ESRB link that mentions “crosshairs placed over heads/faces” - But this is clearly a sniper aiming at the center of a humanoid fish, preparing to end its life in the cleanest and most humane way :upside_down_face:

Another line from the rules is that “All images should “be engaging”” - Which is super subjective, but I wonder if adding the title of your experience to the thumbnail would make any difference.