Help for a RTS Game

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forums, so I apology if this is not the correct one to post this kind of stuff. Also I am not very good at English, so if there is something that I could not express correctly or that you can’t understand, please tell me and I will try to express it better.

Basically what I want to do is an RTS game with a city building aspect and an army aspect. In addition, I would like to eventually add the possibility to control, in third person style one soldier/hero.
I have been wanting to make this RTS game for a long time; I made a couple a simple games last year(one using LibGDX and one with UE4), and now I want to retake the idea. I know that I have a concept for a game that might be too big, but I am planning to do it “modular”, taking the concept in smaller parts.
My main inspiration for the game I want to make is Black & White 2. Knowing that it is a big project that would take me a lot of time, I decided to start with the city building aspect, and then incorporate the army aspect.

My questions are:
Is Unreal Engine a good engine to make RTS games?
Is being able to use a third person mode possible or should I discard it now?

Are there any good updated tutorials for RTS? I have been looking for tutorials but I couldn't find anything that is good and updated.

Thanks in advance,

Check out Open RTS Plugin for Unreal Engine 4 - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums
That plugin is really nice and has a lot of features.

And yes, UE4 is totally feasable for a RTS :smiley:

Thanks for the info, I’ll try it :smiley: