Help Creating a 360 air dash on a 2d platformer based on left analog

Hi Guys, I’m trying to create a 360 degree dash on a 2d platformer (like the air dash in Celeste).
Here is what I end up with

The problem is that the distance covered is not equal for all the input direction, “launch character” is launching my character in a parabolic curve.
I’m drawing a debug arrow to aim and see the direction.
Anybody has a clue on how to do it properly?

Hey @fedexmaster I got something to work using a “timeline” node and the “set velocity” node off of the character movement component. “Launch character” can be used instead of "set velocity too btw. Just be sure to overwrite both xy and z velocity

The main thing though is that you’ll get much different results depending on if your dashing horizontally or vertically. This got really frustrating actually.

It’s because when going horizontally, the character is working against the “falling lateral friction” value, unless he’s still one the ground. If he’s still on the ground, he’s going against “ground friction”. Both of these are found in the"character movement" component.

But when going vertically, neither one applies and your instead going against gravity. And since all three of these values are different, he’ll go way WAYYYY higher when shooting up. So you’ll need to adjust the strength of the “launch character” based on which direction you’re going in order to get consistent results

Hope this helps!