That’s because this mod adds seven custom creatures, all with their own unique colorization maps. The mod always has been over 10mb, and NONE of the files that are normally there are in the output folder at all.
I asked because size is generally irrelevant, the DevKit and steam do have some decent compression abilities - at least for ARK mods. If files aren’t there, they’re not being referenced correctly, for whatever reason.
Check the reference viewer for a key file in the mod, say one for one of your creatures that isn’t getting cooked and tinker with the search depth and breadth and see where everything is pointing. Will give you a much better starting point.
Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could try?
There are no errors in the logs from the cook, just warnings like this:
Warning: Package F:/Ark/EpicADK/ARKDevKit/ModTools/Output/RainbowZoo/WindowsNoEditor_STAGING/ShooterGame/Content/PrimalEarth/WeaponBow/Animations/FPV_Bow_WP_Fire_Montage.uasset supposed to be in the mods folder: F:/Ark/EpicADK/ARKDevKit/Projects/ShooterGame/Content/Mods
I double checked the reference viewer for EVERY single BP and they all link correctly. I know I’m missing SOMEthing though…
I had this issue when I first started cooking a mod and found that the issue was caused by a few things. First of all and most important, I have noticed the dev kit is very picky about blueprint names. When renaming, try to keep the original portion of the blueprint name and add to it. For example, PrimalGameData_BP_mymod. I originally added my name customization to the beginning rather than the end and ended up with the same result you are seeing. Next, make sure you are creating a map that is linked to the PrimalGameData_BP_mymod and GameMode_mymod. Ctrl+S is your friend, use it often to ensure everything is being saved. Finally, compare your newly created assets with the original assets to ensure you have every reference needed. If something is referenced originally, don’t be afraid to copy it to the mod folder and rename it to ensure the data is accessible. Often time some references are easy to over look.
I tried recreating it from scratch, creating a new primalgameBp, test level and game mode based on generic mod.
then I created a saber_bp child, and copied of the mesh and colorize MIC, dino entry and dinoicon files. I re-cooked and tested in single player-- the game output folder had SOME files in it this time at least, but I can’t summon the create BP ingame at all =(