Help: Can't figure out Top Down movement for new map

Noob question, I’ve started working with the Top Down Game mode today. When I make a new level my character cannot walk at all, it just stays put when I click to walk. Why is this what do I have to change? I tried changing all kinds of things and can’t figure it out.

I tried googling for about an hour now, youtube etc. The only level I can move on is the TopDownExampleMap. I’ve been looking through settings all over and I can’t figure it out.

Sorry I’m a noob. :frowning: Please help.

1 Like

The reason for that is that the TopDownExampleMap contains a NavigationMeshBoundsVolume, which is necessary to determine which areas of the map can be navigated and which can’t (hence the player avoiding walking into any of the cubes for example). You can visualize this volume by right clicking inside the viewport and pressing P, as you can see below:

When you create a new map it doesn’t come with a navigation volume by default, so you’ll need to add one in order to get the same navigation behavior. You can find this volume under the Modes panel. Simply place it in your level centered in the middle of your navigable/walkable area and scale it appropriately on the X and Y axes to cover the whole area, as you can see below:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

That did it, thank you so much! Your answer was really easy to understand, much appreciated!

Glad it helped! :slight_smile:

goooood! 덕분에 답을 찾았습니다!