Help binding object to socket on collision

Is the socket spelling correct, including case?

This may also help:

On collide, turn off physics, then attach.

Hi all!

I’ve been trying to create this blueprint where a random hat drops on to my player character and sticks on his head until it is destroyed a little while after. Everything seems to be working except no matter what I try, the hat will not bind to his head. I have gotten some of them to kind of stop in the spot, but they usually bounce/slide off, and even if it does stay on his head, it doesn’t attach to a socket, it just awkwardly floats in the middle of his head before getting knocked away by any movement.

Here are the bps:

Physics is turned on for all the hats and I do have the socket created in the player character skeleton. Maybe I change them to pawns and create an AI to send them to the spot before they attach?

Thank you for any and all help :slight_smile:

Hi there! Socket looks like is spelled correct, including case. I gave Set Simulate Physics (off) a go and it wouldn’t let me plug my Return Value from the Spawn Actor into that. I guess the problem it would have is that it would be setting the physics for the Actor rather than the Spawned Actors themselves? I tried going into the blueprints of the hats themselves and setting the physics to off on overlap as well and still no luck :confused:

The attach node doesn’t care if the actors are simulating physics, are you sure you got that right?..