Download

[HELP] Android\arm64\gradle\rungradle.bat ERROR HELL

Just some extra info, notice this error here…

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Build-tool 31.0.0 is missing DX at C:\Users\rober\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\31.0.0\dx.bat

I get this same exact error every time I install it…apparently either Unreal is expecting d8.bat and d8.jar to be named dx.bat and dx.jar or the installation for the build-tools is screwing up the naming convention…

I actually was able to fix this error just by duplicating those files and re-naming them. If you check the Github repository bug reports there is actually a thread that was opened specifically inquiring about this and reporting it as a bug. This wasn’t even reported as a bug for Unreal, it was reported by coders that use this build tool outside of Unreal.

i can fix this error send message in facebook page to fix it : Code Prof

i can fix this error send message in facebook page to fix it : Code Prof

Do you have a link to that github repository bug report? Can’t seem to find it and I’d be interested in reading it.
Cheers!

I’ll see if I can find it again

Here I believe this was it right here: Android build fails with Android SDK Build-Tools 31.0.0 · Issue #1288 · apache/cordova-android · GitHub

Appreciate, friend. No worries if you can’t find it though, I just found a couple of alternate posts on stack-overflow giving a bit of insight into it. Seems like its just a simple name mix-up on the SDK build toolchain.
Took me a while to figure this out but everything is working now!

Yeah It’s odd though, the bug is easily replicated.