Hello when i start the UE 4.5 Editor.exe the error comes up and say: MSVCR120.dll is missing how can i fix it? thanks

50688-01.jpg

Hello
when i start the UE 4.5 app the error comes up and say: MSVCR120.dll is missing how can i fix it?
thanks

Hey ,

Which version of the engine are you using? The newest released version of the engine is UE 4.8.2. I would suggest upgrading to this version of the engine if you’re not already very far into a project, especially because we’ve had new features added in.

In order to assist you further, please provide the dmp that comes from the werfault.exe. We will need the actual app crash reporters which are stored in: C:\Users[]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue if they haven’t been disabled from within the game.

Looking over what was provided though, the redistributable (12.0.21005) is the one that matches the original version of VS2013, but there have been 4 updates since then. It’s possible the newest one (12.0.31101) would fix this crash, if it’s a bug in the redistributable itself.

Therefore, we do believe that running an update on the redistributable or running a repair on the various ms c run time installers would do the trick, and they should not need to reinstall Windows in order for this to happen. The only time that simply replacing msvcr120.dll would solve the issue is if that dll is actually corrupted.

I hope this information is helpful, let us know if you have any further questions!

Hey ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.