Hello, Having issues with a html5 build, it is looking for a file on C drive that doesnt exist

I actually think it should be looking for the Wasm file on F drive, but that is just a guess, Seems to be an IO error, I’m not sure where to go from here… Any hints or suggestions ??

UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): HTML5Platform.Automation: OffscreenCanvas = False
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\emsdk\Win64\python\2.7.13.1_64bit\python.exe "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\emsdk\emscripten\1.38.31\tools\file_packager.py" "F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdr
op_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.data" --preload . --js-output="F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.data.js" --no-heap-copy
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):   Remember to build the main file with  -s FORCE_FILESYSTEM=1  so that it includes support for loading this file package
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Took 0.4217959s to run python.exe, ExitCode=0
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): Build configuration is Shipping, so (gzip) compressing files for web servers.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing dragNdrop_ver4JR_e.wasm
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing dragNdrop_ver4JR_e.js
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.UE4.js
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.css
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.data.js
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5/Utility.js
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):  Compressing F:\!GamesProjects\midCoastCouncil_recycling project\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e\Binaries\HTML5\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e-HTML5-Shipping.data
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e.wasm'.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):        File name: 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\dragNdrop_ver4JR_e.wasm'
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at HTML5Platform.CompressFile(String Source, String Destination) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\HTML5\HTML5Platform.Automation.cs:line 296
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at HTML5Platform.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.b__0() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\HTML5\HTML5Platform.Automation.cs:line 237
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):           at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):        (see C:\Users\dragonx\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.23\Log.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Hi! I’m late to the party trying to find a fix for this too. But managed to do the ugliest fix in the universe. Here’s how:

So apparently the error is while cooking, it searches for the file either in the wrong path or by wrong name.
So after successfully building once, I copy from the projects binaries folder the following files:

“-HTML5-Shipping.wasm” and
“-HTML5-Shipping.js”

to UE_4.23 folder. removed the “-HTML5-Shipping” so that the cooking process can find these files when it comes to the compression stage.

It successfully cooks. Once done I move the files ending with .wasmgz and .jsgz back to where I packaged the project and add the “-HTML5-Shipping” in the name.

It worked for me but this is a very bad workaround =)

Bad workaround is better than staying broken

I had the same error… I solve it!

Just move all assets (Including the map file) in a simple folder (just call Backup).
After that, create a new empty project in UE (we call NEW_PROC).
Try pack in HTML5, if it’s packed it’s perfect!
After that, just copy the folder “Backup” inside of content folder of the new empty folder.
Open UE and load “NEW_PROC” and load the level and pack, and it’s solve.

If you know of this, just migrate your game to a new project because the older are corrupted, but not your files.

Don’t forget, check your plugins if you have any different of a default.