Having trouble getting Melee AI to effectively attack my players

My player character can effectively run away and shoot indefinitely, and it makes it a little hard for the melee AI to get into range to attack. The only fix I’ve found is to get the AI to move directly to my player target, although that causing beelining (not a huge deal but wondering if there are any better solutions).

I’ve found when I use EQS to find points in donuts or circles around my character or use a moveto location my AI are just stuck indefinitely updating their moveto location while I run away, even when I double their movespeeds. Also the Donut/circle causes issues with my AI not facing the right direction despite setting default focus to my character.

Any help appreciated! Cheers mates

I think the answer to this depends on how, mechanically, you would like your melee enemies to attack the player

Id like them to swarm around them and then attack, however I seem to run into issues with the EQS circles and donuts. I just don’t want running away to be completely abusable so you don’t get hit.

Well if you want them to swarm around and then attack - You’re probably going to need the enemy speed to be substantially greater than the player speed