Having problems with my first mod

Last Bump, is there seriously no one who can help me? No one has made a mod that modifies an existing actor successfully?
Could I be missing a step in replacing an object? etc.

Just started modding couple hours ago, but I believe Sench posted the answer in this thread:

So,

1. Create a child of the official Amarberry

2. Move to your mod folder

3. In your “PrimalGameData_Test”, check out field “Remap Item”. Point the “from” to the official Amarberry and the “To” to your child Amarberry.

I’ve not tested this but I really hope it works.

Edit: it does.

Thank you for the response.

I did the remap as you suggested, and created a child version of the amarberry.

This still did not work. Is there a way to check if a mod is running in singleplayer?

Do you have to host an entirely new TheIsland for the mods to work? Or will they just work when added.

EDIT: I tried running 2 mods, with mine taking priority. It seems my mod just isnt being loaded. what should I do?
EDIT2: IT WORKS AHHHHHH

Been following this thread silently. I hope you get the help you seek. It seems like some sort of basic tutorial on how to modify existing items in the game is desperately needed.

The first problem has been figured out finally, thankfully.

EDIT2: IT WORKS AHHHHHH
[/QUOTE]

What did you change to get it to work? I am looking for the same answer as you were… I just spent the last Couple of hours redoing it all. Trying the Remap that was suggested from the other thread. IS this what fixed it for you, or not?

Oh sorry. Remap did work for me, I also defaulted the default item list so Remap would work. I also remapped the berry bushes to give the new berries.

:slight_smile: Glad it was resolved.

Always post the problem and the solution so that others can get help without asking the same questions :wink: