Having a weapon take a percent of stat on use?

So now i am curious to how i would go about making a weapon, like a bow, use stamina. Ive toyed around with a few things but still can’t quite figure out how to make it happen. I managed to get an item to not be able to be equipped unless a stat is at a certain number, but other than that i am lost.

It would likely involve something to the effect of this, but I am not sure exactly how to go about manipulating the character pawn such that one would change their current stamina value. Maybe there is a function that can be called to take stamina but it doesn’t appear to be the case currently and sourcecode is not available quite yet.

so you can in fact edit the event graph? I assumed that it didnt work and it would break the mod.

This was my assumption as well. I figured the eventgraph wouldn’t recognize anything outside of current existing parameters/variables.

There is a section for status value modifiers on all items, but from what we’ve seen from testing thus far it doesn’t work as intended in Mr.Pwndabears example.

The limitation is just the amount of variables exposed to the event graph at the moment: [Question] Will you allow some kind of modding in c++ ? - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums

Yes we do plan to expose a whole bunch of variables and functions to you guys! Just need to get around to it one day soon. :slight_smile:

sweet!!!