Have to double-tap to activate sprint?

Using 4.27. I have an ability for my character to sprint, and it works, but for some reason it doesn’t engage the first time I tap the button. I have to tap it twice to get him to sprint. After that it works fine. Is there a way to NOT have the double tap at all?

It’s likely that you have to change the Is Running variables default value from what it currently is to the inverted.

Ah - you’re probably right LOL thanks.

Alas! No… I tried a variety of tings, including what you had suggested and nothing worked.

I added print strings to show if/when the actions are firing and they are fine - EXCEPT that it doesn’t fire the first time I hit the LSHIFT key. Once I release it you can see the ‘RUNNING’ note pop up and then ‘SPRINTING’ each time after.

I have also placed a print string to show ‘FIRST CLICK’ to show when I actually press the key.

As you can see, the FIRST CLICK is firing but the character doesn’t sprint until I release and re-engage the key.

I tried adding a second branch but that didn’t work. I tried a few things and either it didn’t engage the sprint at all or my character would be placed in a perpetual sprint. =/

The booleans default value needs to be set to true in order for The first click to trigger into a sprint. Then, shouldn’t the Is Sprinting be set to true?

or even:

I tried the first option and it didn’t change anything…

Then second options kinda worked, but replaced my WALK/RUN toggle with the sprint.

e.g. I have CAPS LOCK set as my WALK/RUN toggle and LSHIFT as SPRINT

Suddenly CAPS LOCK worked to SPRINT but no longer toggle walk/run.

I think the answer is here - I just have to play with it a little. Thanks :slight_smile: