Have no knowledge of coding at all, but need to expose an event to blueprint. Help?

Hey everyone, been a while. Was hoping for a little bit of assistance on an issue.

So, I am trying to get the controls working for a character in a game I’m working on, but I realize that I need access to an event that is in the code of the game, but I only really know how to use blueprint. I need access to OnWalkingOffLedge in the character code, but I have NO idea on how to expose that event to blueprints (like, make it like a regular red event node, if at all possible), as I have never touched code before.

I’ve already tried looking up how to do this in the documentation and/or google, but every explanation feels like I’m reading a bunch of gibberish, and thus is a bit above my non-existent level of comprehension in such matters. So, I was hoping some of the good folks here could lend a hand, or maybe explain it suuuuuper simply so that I can understand.

Thank you for taking the time to read my plea. :smiley:

Pardon me, i’m a bit dumb. It seems that the OnWalkingOffLedge was exposed in some past version and I now have access to it. Figures. Though I would still love to hear a simple explanation on how to expose things to blueprint.

Like, to implement the event in blueprint? If your blueprint is a child of the C++ class, then you can just add the BlueprintImplementableEvent tag to the function.

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, BlueprintImplementableEvent, Category = "Blur")
void AddSceneBlur();

Capture.JPG

If you’re talking about calling it (blue node), you add the BlueprintCallable tag shown above.

Capture2.JPG