Download

Have assets and content created, looking for guidance with my programming team

Hello,

This may be the wrong place to ask this, and if so I kindly ask for your recommendation on where to ask this question. I have a dedicated team of animators who got together to make an app, ten in total. I also have two programmers who are using the UNREAL game engine to program the app we want to make. I had a third person who was going to take point on programming for the game, but he bailed. The two people I have left are capable, hardworking, and ambitious individuals; but we need some guidance. So here is what I am asking:

Would any of you reading this be willing to act as a consultant/mentor who can check in once a week with the programmers I have to give basic input and make sure we are not missing anything. What we have is a level design, original assets, how we want the gameplay to go, maps, and all of that stuff. We are all college students doing this to grow in our skills and learn, so it is not paid, but you can get a title as lead programmer for when we are published at the end of Spring semester 2017. I have a marketing team who is going to help promote the app once we get it out, looking to have local papers pick up the story as well as other magazines. We are finalizing our website this month.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated, no matter the level of commitment.

Cheers

I’d love to help you guys out but I’m fairly new to unreal engine myself so I don’t think I’m qualified.

Mainly, I’m a professional developer who have been working on a point-of-sale system for a client of mine since 2013. I’m unsure how my experience in databases and unit-testing would be applicable in unreal or games for that matter, nor how it will be of any help to your team. I hope you do find someone with the right kind of experience willing to take you up on your offer; but if not, feel free to message me and perhaps I could be of help in some way, even not as a lead programmer but more for informal advice.

Hey dacster13,

Thanks for your reply. I will probably take you up on that informal advice offer. Supper cool that you are developing a POS! Those systems are incredibly important.

Cheers

I am 68 old and it is very hard for me to learn Because a little bit of brain damage. But i love playing ut and really want to learn this.
A lot of the tech stuff I do get but when I process it, it seems that I can’t make it work:(
Well anyway I am working on a 3 tier maze videos are fine but I like books better.
Hope you all had a great holiday
I am on skype just use the email.