Haste - Rapid Mesh Placement Mode

This is great!

Thank you for sharing with the us all [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] !

Thank you @ :slight_smile:

Your tutorials were very helpful when I was learning UE4 C++

thx very much, makes placing things into a scene much more fun and really saves much time !!
only problem i have is rotating the mesh only works for me when i also move the mesh.
when i stay in place with the mesh, i cant get to rotate the mesh via mousewheel …
any chance to fix this ?

kind regards
stucki

and its not working on all static meshes.
On some i can place the objects on some i cant.
Is there anything i need to know about it ?

Man i so love this already :wink: please keep it going on !!

Hi

I would like to test your tool but 4.13.1 give me an error.

7a4eb0d05a70d3af3e8e4e7d9cffb7c27d52e966.jpeg

Can someone help me
Thanks

This plugin looks awesome and very promising, but I ran into the same problem on 4.14. [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION], is there any chance to get updated binaries?

Update please :wink:

yes very please !!

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve uploaded a new version (1.1.2) with 4.14 support for Windows. If you’d like to see this on Mac, I can compile and upload that too

The 1.1.2 is not in Github ? o_O
*By the way the update 1.1.2 crash to me in 4.15 and don’t say nothing at compile. At run the engine the return crash says something about an array.

This is really cool - thanks for sharing Ali…

Minor bug - the mouse-wheel only rotates if you move the mesh at same time.

Would it be possible to rotate in place without moving the mesh?

@OptimisticMonkey You need to set your editor viewport to realtime (Ctrl+R). I’ll auto set it to realtime mode when you switch to the editor mode tab

@OptimisticMonkey I just tested it. You are right, it’s a bug. I’ll fix it

Download Version 1.1.3 (with 4.15 support)

Change Log

• Support for 4.15
  • Cursor rotation is visible without having to move the mouse. Cursor tracing is now done on every frame, instead of a mouse move event

@Hevedy I’ve pushed the latest changes to github. Please try again

Hi Ali. Could you go into a little more detail on how this works? I’ve subclassed HasteTransformLogic and overridden TransformObject but I’m not sure how the logic works once I’ve done that. My initial tests left me with meshes being placed in stupid midair positions, so clearly I’ve got something wrong. Do you have any documents, videos or examples of the TransformObject logic you could share?

I also wanted to say thanks for continuing to develop this plugin. I’ve just started using it and can see it will be a massive time saver.

I don’t know why but keep crashing to me at start the editor in 4.15 :frowning:

"Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 633]
Array index out of bounds: 4 from an array of size 1

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!SLevelEditor::RefreshEditorModeCommands() \engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\sleveleditor.cpp:1320]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!SLevelEditor::RestoreContentArea() \engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\sleveleditor.cpp:1120]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!SLevelEditor::Initialize() \engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\sleveleditor.cpp:176]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!FLevelEditorModule::SpawnLevelEditor() \engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\leveleditor.cpp:169]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!TMemberFunctionCaller<FLevelEditorModule,TSharedRef<SDockTab,0> (__cdecl FLevelEditorModule::)(FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64) __ptr64>::operator()<FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64>() \engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstanceinterface.h:165]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!TTupleImpl<TIntegerSequence<unsigned int> >::ApplyAfter<TMemberFunctionCaller<FLevelEditorModule,TSharedRef<SDockTab,0> (__cdecl FLevelEditorModule::
)(FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64) __ptr64>,FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64>() \engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates uple.h:134]
UE4Editor_LevelEditor!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FLevelEditorModule,TSharedRef<SDockTab,0> __cdecl(FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64)>::Execute() \engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:556]
UE4Editor_Slate!TBaseDelegate<TSharedRef<SDockTab,0>,FSpawnTabArgs const & __ptr64>::Execute() \engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl.inl:537]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::SpawnTab() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:1413]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::RestoreArea_Helper() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:1272]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::RestoreSplitterContent() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:1387]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::RestoreArea_Helper() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:1356]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::RestoreArea() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:1248]
UE4Editor_Slate!FTabManager::RestoreFrom() \engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\docking abmanager.cpp:806]
UE4Editor_MainFrame!FMainFrameModule::CreateDefaultMainFrame() \engine\source\editor\mainframe\private\mainframemodule.cpp:209]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() \engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedglobals.cpp:124]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() \engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:150]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() \engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() \engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]"

In a random way some times spawn under the ground the meshes or atleast spawn not from the origin, testing in the vehicle map and some spawn some cm in the bottom and others in the top normal way.
*Looks like the error only happen with my project in a fresh project work fine, no idea why, fails at add to the tabs the controls I think…

Ever since you created this it has been one of my most used tools. Thank you. Any chance your going to put it up on asset store or update code for current versions?

-Cheers

No updates about the problem ? Crash on every project if you have more than 1 plugin :confused:

Really would love to see this updated to 4.19 would pay!

I would also pay for this to be updated to the current engine version and would be interested in increased functionality (being able to place actors as well).