Well, I’m not even sure what the bug is really. It’s either the warning or it’s that we’re not supposed to be getting GetMass from an unenabled physics object. Even without enabling physics on a static mesh object, you can GetMass just fine, even edited ones.
Steps to reproduce:
- New blank project
- Create an Actor BP
- Add and make a Static Mesh Component the root
- Add a static mesh to the SMC
- Go to the Event Graph
- On Begin play, GetMass
- Use a print string to get that value
- (Notice I did not enable physics)
- Value of GetMass is displayed and the warning occurs
- Go back to the bp
- Enable physics
- Warning goes away
Edit values if you want. Same results with or without enabling physics.
To be honest, I don’t see a reason why we couldn’t get the mass from any object, especially if the mass is in outer space… But that’s another dilemma.