Has something changed? The most simple programming there is... open level

I haven’t used unreal in awhile, but now I am back doing some vr stuff. I have setup a super simple scene, with a widget that when you hit the button it opens a level. But when I click on the button, it just blinks black for a second and never loads the new map. I have done this a million times when I was working in unreal before and never had this problem…

I attached a screenshot, but not really sure what more I could show at this point? So frustrating. Tempted to rollback my unreal version? Have the latest one…

Thanks

Yeah no matter what it just blinks black. I even went back to the last ue4 version. Click the button to load the map. Just blinks black, then reloads the same map…

Now one button works and the other doesn’t magically. They are setup the EXACT same way!!! omg so frustrating. One button just blinks black and the other loads the correct map…

And now both don’t work magically. There is no rhyme or reason for this. Its acting random.

If you are in Mobile development, the levels have to be present in the main content directory.

Otherwise, save all, close the project. Open fresh, and right click content folder + rebuild whatever redirects, can’t remember the exact option name.
save, and for good measure restart the engine again.

also, all that said, its probably a good practice to check that the level exists before trying to open it.

Thank you so much. Has this changed or something?! I never remember doing this before. I always had a map folder, and why in the vr template does it already put the map in a folder? And that would rebuild redirects or whatever its called I never had to do either. Now I have to do it every single time I make a map. Seems like this has changed for the worst… Everything is working now, I would have never have figured that out… Didn’t see any documentation on that either.

Thanks again.

Guess knowing stuff like that off the top of my head is proof positive I use unreal too much…

As far as it being changed. Mobile development was buggy that way as of .21 I think. There were posts online regarding the fact the level had to be in the main content folder or the build would just fail.

As far as the other issue you are having. Usually it’s due to upgrading a project several times through several engine versions. Some times moving things manually into a new project can help with those odd issues.
however it could also be a new temporary issue with the latest preview if you are using the preview. I generally avoid them until I know they actually work, particularly after the last engine change crippled programming of new features related to the landscape physical material for 3 months…