"Has Matching Gameplay Tag" Return Value

Hey Y’all,

I’m trying to select one actor that has many duplicates in the scene and grab all actors of that class. I started playing around with Gameplay Tags and seemed that it was the right direction to go. I’m using the hit result to grab the selected actor and see if it has a Gameplay Tag associated with it, but it doesn’t seem that the tag is working as I would expect it to according to what I have read.

I don’t have any errors on this, so I can only assume it might be ok, but on the first branch after looking for tag 1 it doesn’t seem that the boolean is correct as it only passes false. I have confirmed that the hit result is acting correctly from other nodes above this one.

Thanks for any possible suggestions on this!

Probably it is because the target actor you call the function at, does not implement IGameplayTagAssetInterface. This interface can only be implemented in c++. There is a discussion about the c++ availability for the interface here:

And here the relevant documentation. Scroll down to “Quickly Accessing Gameplay Tags in C++”:

The best solution for blueprint only projects would it be to create your own interface with desired functions.