Has anyone else's UDK stopped working?

When I try to open version UDK-2015-2 it freezes at “Setting up the game asset database”. I tried again with the 2013 version but have the same error. Has this happened to anyone else? 4-27, udk

I vaguely remember that happening at some point with my UE3 build. I don’t remember doing anything specific to fix it. I think I just restarted my computer. It was probably a result of my ancient computer being buggy, or a Windows 10 update breaking something.

1 Like

I’ve tried every day for the past weeks and it always freezes at the same place. I’ve also tried different versions and get the exact same error.

I know i never managed to open 2015 version.I think its a known problem but if you have this with older one maybe delete the udk engine ini, and see if it will start udk.It should recompile a new one for you.(keep the old file on desktop in case)
Maybe a recent windows update you did that you have to roll back ore new gpu drivers that you installed(that last one doesn’t make much sense though)?

Try to run udk in compatibility mode of windows vista or even xp?

1 Like

you could avoid using internet while working on it…

1 Like

By some miracle, it started working again. I didn’t change anything so I don’t know why it started working again. Many thanks for those who were willing to lend a helping hand.