Hard Time Understanding Vectors

To keep it short, i am making a simple vertical wall run and i am using the move component to here. i am using the Impact Normal of the facing wall for the rotation (that works) but for the location i want to use the Impact Point but subtract 30 units (my capsule’s radius) in order to stick the capsule to the wall. This doesn’t work very well because its not always - 30 from the X Vector, as i face another wall rotating 90*, that begin to apply to the Y… I don’t have big math studies so i am trying to explain the best i can. How can i subtract -30, regardless of the Impact Point’s world location?

Many regards,
Alex

If I understand you correctly you want to set the position 30 units away from the wall you run into? You could use NewPosition = ImpactPoint - ImpactNormal * 30 for that (or + ImpactNormal * 30, I don’t know off the top of my head if the impact normal faces towards or away from the wall) The ImpactNormal always faces “into” the wall and has length 1, so if you multiply it by 30 you get a vector that points into the wall and has lenght 30)