Hands on a steering wheel

Hi,

I’m trying to achieve very basic thing which is moving hand on a steering wheel. I’m using car from a marketplace so everything is working fine at least with the car. I’ve figure out that the best way to achieve my goal is by using inverse kinematic.

So i have created animation with hand on a wheel. Than I’ve added scene component on a wheel inside car blueprint to track movement for a right hand. After that in my animation blueprint (for a hand) I’ve tried casting to get right value from a car to hand position. Unfortunately casting is not working any idea what I’ve been doing wrong?

Hey, did you ever figure that out? I’m surprised that no one responded to your. I’m trying to do the same thing I think. I have a steering wheel with animation on it so it rotates with a little bit of noise. I want to stick a hand to it so it look like the character is driving.

Is that what you were trying to do are were you actually wanting the hand to push the steering wheel?

If you know how to just link a hand to an already moving steering wheel, I’d appreciate it.

I had so many typos in my original post…yikes! I tried to edit but the site won’t accept the changes. So, here it is again.

Hey, did you ever figure that out? I’m surprised that no one responded to you. I’m trying to do the same thing I thing. I have a steering wheel with animation on it so it rotates with a little bit of noise. I want to stick a hand to it so it looks like the character is driving.

Is that what you were trying to do are were you actually wanting the hand to push the steering wheel?

If you know how to just link a hand to an already moving steering wheel, I’d appreciate it.