Hands for VR and Fingers Solver - Support Thread

Marketplace: VR Hands Solver in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
Documentation: PDF]
Demo Project: 4.21]

Version 1.2

1. New optional function in Hand Skeletal Mesh component: Set VR Input Grip Pose. If grip pose was initialized, the hand would interpolate VR input for each finger between open reference pose and grip reference pose (0 – open pose, 1 – grip pose).
    001.png

2. Finger orientation structure got additional float variable: First Knuckle Curl Addend, i. e. curl rotation value, applied to first finger bone only. It helps to build more accurate poses.

Planned in the next update:
• support for Set VR Input Grip Pose in Fingers Solver system
Create Fingers Pose From Current State – special function to build dynamically fingers pose from instantaneous traced pose or VR input pose.

Hello Yuri,

I am trying your demo (4.21) with index controllers (knuckles) …But, what is the mapping…as nothing is working with the default default configuration ?

In advance thank you

Depending of what you use (anim node or Hands Skeletal Mesh), call function “Apply VR Input” of FK/IK Finger Solver or Hand Skeletal Mesh component in every tick. It takes as a parameters curl values for all fingers with 0 - finger fully straightened and 1 - finger fully curled. You can get this values from “Get Fingers Culrs and Splays” global function (part of Valve SteamVR Input plugin). In BeginPlay, initialize input reference pose (pose for fully open hand).

Hi Yuri,
Great product! Excuse my ignorance, but how does the finger tracking system work? Is there a way to set up gripping like the default VR motion controller? or are they stored values that get called on overlap? I have set up my project like the VRIKBodyDemo_New 4.24 project. I have followed all your vids and I am still unable to set up hands like in Oculus VR w/touch controls. I also have the oculus source build loaded and was wondering if there is a way to integrate with the Oculus hand tracking system? If you have any other tuts for two handed grabs or or weapons, that would be much appreciated. Last thing, I like the hand tracking, but what would you recommend for locomotion with no controllers? I am having a hell of a time trying to create something for world locomotion.

Thank you,

Tony D

Is this still alive? I see it was updated to 4.26 so one would hope so?

When I try to play the demo level (on the Index), Unreal crashes when I attempt to calibrate.

Any thoughts?

-Steven

EDIT: Pulling the triggers causes the crash immediately. Additionally, there’s a compile error in:

Im having issues compiling it to UE5 could you tell me what lines to change, would be a great help, thanks in advance

Hi Yuri,
thanks for creating the plugin. I purchased it but am having troubles setting things up even with the pdf documentation that you created.

Is there a demo project with things set up by you so that I can click through things and see how you did it? That would be very helpful.

If the project like that does not exist could you have a look at my screenshots and help me understanding the issue? I followed the documentation to page 4 (with my custom hand model) where it says “That’s all. Hands are ready to work.” but it seems that in animation blueprint after calling “Get Hand Skeletal Pose” isSolverEnabled is still set to false (it gets to print string node but results in tracing “false”).

Here’s my Pawn setup, it’s pretty basic but the model I’m using is hands only - that’s why I set “Hand Style” to “Hand Only”. Would not setting “Upperarm Bone Name”, “Lowerarm Bone Name” and the “Wrist Bone Name” be causing issues like that?

Also here’s my hand skeleton:

Hand_sleleton_02

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Answering my own question here if anyone else is having similar issues.

I ended up using a different hand model that is similar to what is shown in the documentation with an arm and forearm bones. After doing that and setting arm and forearm bones correctly it worked.

Hi YuriNK,
I have a question regarding ‘Apply VR input detailed’ node in the animation blueprint.

Just to give you some context, I have hands model working as expected when using ‘Apply VR input’ (pretty much followed your manual to get to that point), The hands are being solved correctly when interacting with other objects in the scene when using ‘Apply VR input’. Please see gif below:

hand_apply_vr_input

But when I use ‘Apply VR input detailed’ instead (with with a parameter filled in Pawn tick) it does not properly react anymore. See below:

hand_apply_vr_input_detailed

Any idea why would that be happening? Is this functionality supported?
Thanks