Handling Animation for Arms & Multiple Items

Hello! I currently have a First Person Rig setup and I am now to the point where I need to have the rig hold items such as weapons and things. How would I go about this? For example, when the player picks up a flashlight, I need my first person rig to switch to my Flashlight holding animation and I need to also play some animations on the flashlight. I need the rig to hold the flashlight correctly as well while sprinting or jumping and stuff. How would I do this? I already have an animation blueprint setup for the rig that handles switching between sprinting and jumping animations. So what I need to do is depending on the item, I need to switch to the appropriate holding animation as well as handle animations on the item. Any help? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think this video explains everything that you need: :slight_smile:

So basically you have to enable a bool var which will then switch to the 2nd animation state in the anim bp

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I looked at the video and I now have an idea of how it works. My next question is, could I use two State Machines in the Animation Graph (one for movement, one for weapon animations) then combine the two graphs and send the output to Final Animation pose? I’d like to get by without adding all of these to my Movement state machine to keep everything organized. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hey , check out this playlist ://www.youtube/playlist?list=PLZlv_N0_O1gZS5HylO_368myr-Kg2ZLwb starting with part 16

Please…Use free Animation Pack (UE4 Marketplace Free). Because i tried one to Equip weapon, result looping and if i wanna un-equip weapon its same position or same animation. :frowning:

Link: .
Please…Use free Animation Pack (UE4 Marketplace Free). Because i tried one to Equip weapon, result looping and if i wanna un-equip weapon its same position or same animation. :frowning:

Link: ://www.youtube/playlist?list…368myr-Kg2ZLwb starting with part 16.
My punching animation its not straight, its punching in different direction? but when i remove this Monstage and on Upperbody group. Result: Normal puching with same direction.