Hand painted vertex colors warning on unpainted meshes

Almost every mesh in my scene is giving me a warning about hand painted vertex colors, but none of them actually have painted/custom vertex colors.

In the screenshot you can see warnings for SM_Cliff8 LOD1, but with it selected, the paint tool shows “Instance vertex colors None”

How can I get rid of these errors?

Hi muchcharles -

Just for reference we have a page on documentation which explains many of our Map CHeck errors, it is not widely know and I want to try to get it out as much as possible:

Regarding your particular issue, since you are using the SM_Cliff01 asset from Open World/Kite Demo, I would suspect that in our original project the asset’s vertices was adjusted from the originally imported version and that is what is causing this error. You should be able to reset it by dumping white in all for channels of the Mesh and then hitting the copy instance vertex colors button to save the new colors to the base mesh. You will only need to do this once for each type of Static Mesh Asset.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Thanks Eric, I tried that and it didn’t seem to work. Doesn’t copy instance vertex colors just copy one instance’s colors to the clipboard so you can paste it on other instances, not save the changes to the base mesh?

edit: nevermind, I found the other copy button, the copy to source mesh one. So far seems to be working.

I have the same issue.
When ever I dump white to the source asset, previous fix asset will cause the same error again.