Hand painted China style Racing game - University of Derby

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

This is my first time posting something in the Unreal Engine forums, but I really wanted to show you the finished University project that my team and I have been working on, and have just currently finished.

We are a group of 4 second year students currently studying BA (Hons) Computer Games Modelling and Animation at the University of Derby. Our module was Applied Game Art Production and we were tasked to create an environment for a car to drive around in. We have worked for the past 14 weeks to create everything you see in the video and screenshots. We went for an old style, china theme in a hand painted texture style.

We hope you like what you see and welcome any feedback too :slight_smile:

-Chemical Narwhals (Nathan Rogers, Adam Butler, Leigh Champion, Jake Kirk)

World Wide Racing Demo: China Map

Screenshots:

Video:

I hope the cars have headlights :wink:

Looks really cool!

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

And yes all models, textures, animations, and pretty much everything in the video was made by us, no free downloads from other sites or anything.
That might be a nice idea to do that, I’ll speak to the rest of the team about it.

The car does indeed have headlights :slight_smile: in the video I think you can see them.

And thanks!

Things like this are the exact reason I love video games, and indie development.

Looks like a lot of fun! Any chance you’ll be continuing development?

Edit: I should add that this is just fun execution. Well done :smiley:

I love the style of this! Awesome work all around.

Thank you :slight_smile: and were thinking of continue it if we can. We’ll have time to over summer.

Thank you!

I’ll let you know if we do :slight_smile: Thank you once again!