Hair Physics for Modeled Hair?

Hello eyeryone,

What I would like to achieve is hair physics for modeled hair. That is stylized hair that is a closed mesh with a hair texture on it, not plains with alpha applied to it, like below.

1f7ae208291e203942d8ad1afaa84a3f184a6b2c.jpeg

What I originally planned on doing was to use ‘spring controller’ and ‘look at’ nodes to get what I wanted. I’m sure I would be able to get something at least somewhat professional looking with time.

However, I don’t think I can get a collision system going. And I can’t find anything that would get wind to affect this setup either.

Is there a better way to simulate hair for this type of modeling style? I would really appreciate it if someone could point me toward some documentation!

~

Thought I would bump this.

I’ve used cloth simulations in the past with some degree of success.

Would you mind sharing your method? Was it nvidia apex cloth?

I think your spring approach for nodes could work.

I have downloaded The Boy and his Kite demo and looked at the Boys AnimationBP’s and in the AnimGraph it showed Spring for his hair. It may be worth looking into it. I’ve learnt a lot from the demo. Although it is 22gb… Don’t worry about the system requirements it asks for as you don’t need to Play In Editor. Just browse through files.

Hey ,I would be interested in this too,have you find a way to do it? :slight_smile:

Yes I used apex cloth