Hair and Fur is an obvious add on that I am sure epic is working on, just putting it out there that it would be great to have something crossplatform to work with realtime hair and fur animations.
Advanced Water System:
Until now water is based on materials, then adding physics boxes etc… it’s hard work and can take a very long time to get a good look. Dynamic water is even harder (splashes, hitting rock faces, having different degrees of “harshness”, different types of water etc)
So I was thinking, what if there was a system. A water system, where you would add water, specify the location using the a brush such as the Box. Then there would be a full blueprint with all the water nodes that you would have control over, this would include things like:
- Underwater and overwater distortion
- Different levels of waves etc
- Interactions with the player and environment in terms of foam etc
- Underwater bubble options from players or other
- Underwater currents and speeds (to slow down, speed up player and what not)
- Underwater cloth simulation and hair simulations (gravity blablabla)
- Underwater shading obviously and the overall look
This could have different types of water that would be very similar. Like an Ocean could have all the above, a lake would remove some of the foam, make it a little darker. You could then make all kinds of lakes, change colours easily etc.
Basically a blueprint that you can edit easily to get the style you need. Some options to edit could be:
- Harshness (could be varied)
- Underwater and overwater colour, transparency, reflectiveness etc
I was trying to find water tutorials and the only way seems adding a plane with water material and then assigning physics to blocks where you want them to be active.