Hair Cards not available for some hairstyle?

I’ve imported Aoi and some other characters in my scene, and since I’m working in VR, I disabled grooms by using the “HairStrands.Strands 0” so that the hair cards will show up.
I notice that for some hair styles the cards are not showing up at all, like on Aoi, Kristopher and Myles, while for female characters, the hair cards are showing up.

The weird things is that with Aoi, the hair and beard are long, length of the hair is similar to the one of a woman, but again, the cards won’t show up.

So is this related to the MetaHuman having only the grooms but no cards?
Or is there something wrong somewhere else?

This isn’t a bug - some grooms do not have cards available as they’re in development; they have LOD 0 and 1 only. When you’re in Creator, there is an icon on any hairstyle that does not have this (small yellow triangle with an exclamation mark).

In Bridge, there is a little warning on the character’s info panel - "This MetaHuman uses grooms only available at LODs 0 & 1.

So if you’ve picked a preset or chosen a hairstyle with this warning, the cards won’t be available.

Thanks for the clarification, I’ll notice the yellow triangle next time :wink:

Hello, I’ve tried downloading a model (called Seneca) with this yellow warning, and it’s come through with beard and eyebrows but no head hair. There don’t seem to be any groom assets for the head hair in the download. Is this related?

I’m really late, but for those who still need help, if the hair or part of the groom is disappearing. you have to force the LOD to be either 0, or 1. You can do this by going into the LODSync component in the metahuman’s blueprint and changing “Forced LOD”.

Hi, another workaround I found for fixing some characters without forcing the LOD:
open the metahuman blueprint → select Hair component and open the hair groom → set all the LODs as visible with the appropriate LOD type (Strands, Cards or Mesh)
Sometimes cards are available for LOD 2,3 and 4 and meshes are available for LOD 5 6 and 7, just check what is there and set it properly