A friend and I worked on a game this weekend for the Compute Midwest hackathon in Kansas City. The game has a working title of Discord (no reason really, just something I randomly made up when put on the spot).
The basics are mostly found in the readme at the GitHub URL ComputeMW2014-Discord, but for those of you deciding whether or not to go click and look:
- Custom projectile (a cat, to be precise) & gun
- Ammo clip limitations (6 shots before reload)
- Responsive UI that displays reload message and an image whose alpha value represents the number of shots remaining
- UMG HUD to track and display shots fired and shots hit
- Did I mention that you shoot cats, which explode on impact with ghost-like creatures, letting forth a tortured meowing?