Gundam Hangar Base

Hello, I have started a new project for my videogame art class. This time I wanted to create a level inspired by the Gundam series. My plan is to create a complete base where gundams can be repaired and sent into combat.

After the blocking and the first gundam of 6 I began to add various elements of the hangar, in the end I decided to make a space hangar since I feel that it is more in line with the gundam theme.

I still have a long way to go but it’s taking shape little by little.

This week I couldn’t advance much with the level, but at least I closed the hangar in addition to adding lighting, making a starry landscape and the UVs of all the objects in the scene, except for the gundam which I will leave for later

1 Like

Hi there @D4ivt3,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far :slight_smile:

I have to say I think this is all coming together beautifully. I did have to do a quick google of what exactly a “Gundam” is so I now have an even greater impression of what all you’ve created here. Great work :smiley:

I can’t wait to see the next update!

hey @PresumptivePanda hope you are well, It’s good that you like the idea., it really is a very interesting world.
For now I have dedicated myself to making a trim sheet, the truth is that it is the first one I have ever implemented and I’m having a hard time imagining how to do it, it doesn’t help that my level is so massive :sweat_smile:

This week I made an initial trim sheet, and I placed it on my level, I also made a first material for what would be in the energy field and I can say that all the modular pieces done and in the the level, now I will start the textures of everything and finish the trim sheet since I only have the color

Hi there @D4ivt3 !

While my Gundam knowledge is very limited, I’m quite impressed with the quality of this hangar. You’re putting a lot of thought into your placement, lighting, and textures and it shows. I’m very curious to see how it continues to grow.

I finally finished the trim sheets and started with the lighting. Being such a large hangar, I’m looking at how to light it properly.

Thx, i really like the gundam franchise and I really like doing this type of projects