[GUAGING INTEREST] [Plugin] Audio Middleware in-editor from prominent middleware author.

Hi, this is . Long-time Unity user (since 2011) and plugin author of the very popular Master Audio plugin on the Unity Asset Store: , which is used by thousands of indie as well as AAA game developers. Our code plugins specialize in making things as intuitive as possible with usually zero coding needed on the user’s part. We even made a multiplayer version of the plugin, which is the only one of its kind.

My buddy was telling me that there is not any audio middleware for UE4 and if that’s true I’m flabbergasted. Anyway, I’d like to know:

1. What are the main problems with audio with what comes with UE4 out of the box? Basic or advanced things you should be able to do but can’t.
  2. Any idea why no one has built anything yet? This engine is not new.

Full disclosure, I haven’t actually used C++ before, so I’ll need to learn first if I build anything. But I’ve been programming since I was 10 (35 years), with over 20 years professional high-level experience, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

And I’ve never used UE4 before either, so I don’t know the differences in concepts between Unity and UE4.

For an existing list of problems Master Audio fixes for Unity, read this post: http:///thre…
I don’t know if absolutely every feature is possible / feasible with UE4, but we will see, if there’s sufficient interest.

Also, it looks like threads in this forum get buried pretty quickly, so if there’s a better place for me to post a topic like this, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I did a simple search of the Marketplace and did find one audio code plugin, although it looks pretty rudimentary and only adds capabilities to Blueprints.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…-audio-manager

Surely there are much more varied audio functionality people are looking for? This thing is $5 and has a whole 1 review.

LoL six months and no response. And the Unreal audio system sucks as it is. This is why I don’t use Unreal. Not enough real interest from the company or community. They’re already pre-occupied with Fortnight or whatever.