Groom (maybe) and collisions?

Hi,

I am trying to do something that I think should actually be pretty simple- I want to take the ArchViz project sample and add the eagle from the meerkat sample and have the eagle run through an animation in the room, and via this animation he will run into things and knock them over.

But for the life of me I cannot get him to interact in any way, with anything. I think I have tried just about every combination of collisions settings on both the EaglleBP, the mesh inside it, and the other meshes, but no dice. I just loaded a new copy of both scenes, migrated the eagleBP to the ArchViz project, so everything is at the default. And, by default, the eagleBP is a PhysicsActor, and the items on the dining table come in as “default” but I’ve since changed them to PhysicsActors. One odd thing is that for two of the three objects on the dining room table, the simulate physics option is greyed out (it is also greyed out in 4.25, so no relation to converting to 4.26); you also cannot seem to add a simple collision to these objects in the mesh editor (it looks like it adds it, but saving and reopening and its not there), even after changing the objects from static to movable. This seems kind of weird because I see no real difference between the two objects that simulate physics is greyed out/can’t add a simple collision to and the one object on the table where you can do all of those things.

So, I guess I should ask a question- if two objects, one of which is driven by an animation, are both physics actors and have their collisions set to block other physics actors, if the animated object runs into the 2nd object there should be, well, a collision, right? Movement by one or both of the objects? It seems like it should work that way, but maybe (probably) there is something in the vastness of UE knowledge that I am unaware of.

Also, for giggles, after converting the ArchViz project to 4.26 go to Vase1 and turn on simulate physics. After setting up a sequencer and hitting play, it will immediately jump off the table on frame 1. I’m not sure that is right…

Anyway, if someone has the time to set this up and see what I am talking about, that would be great, or even better if you didn’t need to do that and knew what was up from my long winded description. Thanks in advance!!