Groom disappears after adding binding asset

So im working on adding my groom to an SKM Quinn which is my default character. Under the groom tab of my third person character blueprint i added the groom asset and it worked fine it appeared but when i added the binding asset the groom disappears i have zero idea what happened and the target skeletal mesh of my binding is that SKM Quinn skeletal mesh, does anybody know why it disappears after adding the binding asset, using UE5. Hair was imported as an alembic from blender.

Greetings @NG_YU_FEI!

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Community! :medal_sports:

Just so you’re aware, I’ve had to move this topic from the Community - Showcase - Work in Progress forum to the Character & Animation forum. I added the optional tags “character” and “groom” for you.

The Showcase - Work in Progress forum is for developers and artists to show off their current projects. Troubleshooting questions are more applicable to our other forum topics.

Please remember, when posting, be sure to review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issues you are experiencing with your character blueprint! Enjoy the remainder of your week!

'- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley:

1 Like

You have to enable Support Skin cage usage at Project Setting

5 Likes

Man I wish I could kiss you right now,
I have spent countless attempts and restarts scratching my head and losing hope.
Thank you so much for providing this answer!!
I wish you all the very best in life

Hi, just answering for someone facing utter disappointment in life cz enabling skin cache doesn’t seem to fix the issue, like I did for several months.
in project setting find “default skin cache behavior” and set it to inclusive.

2 Likes

Thank you for Helping out. I was goind mad because of this issue.

If you did all that folks are suggesting on the Internet and it’s still not working - ensure that groom asset and skeletal mesh line up correctly in terms of scale and location, before you even create the binding. I was importing my groom from Houdini and the rotation and scale were messed up. It doesn’t help if you fix it in UE, it’s important to reimport it with rotation and scale already correct.