Greetings from the UE Newb :)

I wanted to say hello. I have been interested in graphics most of my life at some level, thought about being an architect, majored in Commercial Art in college, got side tracked becoming a pilot, but I have dabbled on and off over the years. I have always loved the UE from a gaming perspective.

Last week I logged into the UE Learning Portal and am working my way through the tutorials, completed Your First Hour in UE, and am currently working on the Intro to UE tutorial.

For starters, my intention is to gain enough skill and knowledge that I can construct a small environmental, interactive setting like a hidden grotto and see where that take me . I enjoy natural settings with a bit of architecture included. I tend to ask a lot of questions so standby, maybe not in this thread, but somewhere here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Fantam_Mayfly!

Welcome! Asking a lot of questions is the best way to get a great understanding of UE. Truly, ask away. This community is full of innovators and creative minds just itching to build something spectacular, and so we’re also willing to help others get to their own builds.

Feel free to update us on your progress as you learn more. It’s always exciting to see someone grow! :slight_smile:

Hope to see you around :v: