Greenfield — Path to developing my first game

Hello fellow Indies!

I just learned about this space from the Inside Unreal live stream. I love seeing what other indies are up to and get so inspired seeing what small teams or even a single person can accomplish with Unreal.

I’ve had a life long curiosity about how games are made, and have always been particularly fascinated how they can sit at the unique intersection of art, technology and storytelling. Around the height of the pandemic and lockdown I recognized how much spare time was on my hands and decided to use it to start learning about game development. Which finally meant hitting that “Download” button and installing Unreal for the first time.

So now I’m here, excited to become a part of this community and sharing Greenfield, my first game. Greenfield is a story driven puzzle-platformer that aims to distinguish itself through its surreal visuals, emotional story, and gameplay where you’ll solve environmental puzzles and topple giant mechanical creatures in a side-scrolling perspective.

Greenfield_gif_trailer_16x9_09

Greenfield_gif_trailer_16x9_19

Greenfield_gif_trailer_16x9_15

I’m still in the thick of development, with so much work ahead, but having so much fun and learning everyday in the process. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and thank you fellow Indies for all the inspiration! Let me know what you think!

Greenfield_gif_trailer_16x9_04

Greenfield_gif_trailer_16x9_14

Greenfield announcement trailer:

Greenfield Steam Page:

Greenfield Website:

1 Like

Hello @sixfootg ! Welcome back to posting with us here on the forums.

I love this style of 3d side scroller! I think that’s the best way to describe it. Your design is truly thrilling and makes me extremely excited to see the release of this game. Keep up the amazing work!

The combination of stellar lighting, strong sound design, great use of volumetric, and excellent scene composition makes me very excited. I will be eagerly following your progress!