Gravity Scale in Character Movement Component not having any effect

Has anyone had any success getting the Gravity Scale to work in a Character Movement Component?

cheers!

In that I change the scale and there is no change visibly applied to the character… i.e. accelerating 1000x faster

As per your answer I’ve even forced the Character Movement to Falling…

the character is a floating object with some thrusters to add impulse… I’ve set the world gravity to -9.8… which is actually really floaty… so then I set the scale on the character 1000x which if I read back

So yeah… this is not working how I expect it to…

@vr_marco cheers bro!

I’ve ended up exploring running my own downward force and have been able to get the ‘Gravity Scale’ working…

For this to work you want to have simulate physics on for the Capsule Component but switch Gravity off… this way the gravity calculations comes from the Character Movement component… which uses Gravity Scale…

So it works!! I’ve got some custom BluePrints with a Box component with a VolumeScale variable… in the character I check for overlaps from these and read out and set the scale on the Character Movement… I then drive a Physics Linear Velocity to set the acceleration… probably an easier way of doing this… but hey!

Fixed the issues with End Overlap… just have to test it against an existing overlap… which means I can have overlapping Gravity volumes…

Cheers bro!