Grass Maps NEED to be Rebuilt

I am currently inputting the albedo for the Megascans materials in place of present materials starter content. However, in 4.26.2, there is a ‘Mask Layer’ for each of the materials. Even with that option unselected, As soon as i replaced the colour, normal, and roughness layers with their Megascans counterparts my map went back to checkers with the error message “GRASS MAPS NEED TO BE REBUILT (64 OBJECTS)”.

I’m quite new to this field and have next to 0% of an idea of what to do about this. I’ll scan the forums in the event that this video is no longer being monitored, but help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

I found the issue, just go to paint on the material you selected, and the plus sign click on it and choose the weight to be normal i think?

Greetings @anonymous_user_4d28fd0f1 !

We see that this is your first time posting in our forums! :medal_sports:

We welcome you to the Unreal Engine community with open virtual arms! Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread. It is members like you that keep our forums going strong! :muscle:t4:

I am having the same issue. however it turns the entire terrain to BLACK instead. have you found the cause of issue?