Grass Landscape same material for every layer

Hi everybody, I hope I am writing this in the right section.

I am trying to use the free assets Grass Landscape, even tried with Forest Landscape but I am having the same bug.
For some reason the layer are always made of the same material, in the screenshot you can see how I see the demo level.
I never modified any of the files in the asset, I even tried deleting them, re-downloading the asset, re-importing it, importing it into a new project, uninstalling and reinstalling UE4 but still nothing works. In rthe last screenshot you can see that different material exist and are being used by the asset straight out of the marketplace.

326262-grasslandscape2.png

Ok, so what happens when you change the material for a layer?

EDIT: Scratch that, I see there’s something strange going on in the material…

EDIT2: It’s correct. Just right click on a layer and choose ‘fill layer’, they’re all different:

I assigned one of these two to the landscape:

326265-screenshot-5.jpg

So, just to check. You create a landscape, and then assign one of the two material instances to it?

In mine the layers remain all with the same single texture, as you can see compared to your screenshot you have 7 different texture, I have the same one that’s replicated, even tho I never editet the assets

326268-grasslandscape4.png

Yep I did. I was following a course so I did the exact same step as the video, but then I noticied that for me for some reason the texture are always the same.
I tried with another project, reinstalling and everything but still nothing. In the end I just created my own material instance from scratch using the same texture, and this time it worked. Still the blueprint it’s a little different from the one that you get from the assets but works fine the same way.

That does sound likely, try changing the material function names :slight_smile:

Could your problem be related to this report:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/1850533-4-26-materials-with-material-functions-withsame-parameter-names-broke

Is there any update or fix on this? If we try to rename the material function layer names, the layers don´t find it anymore and there is a too much work spend on painting all layers so we need to keep them.

Ok, I got some workaround for this. Actually, all you need to do is to give all texture parameters another name. So not Albedo but Albedo 01, Albedo 02, etc. This kinda fixed it for me. I am not sure if its actually a bug that it worked in 4.25 or does not work in 4.26.