Grass Height Ignored When Using Path Tracer (2+ Years and Counting)

I recently purchased a commercial license for TM 2023.2.1. I was hoping that the grass height bug had finally been fixed when using Path Tracer. Unfortunately, this bug was not addressed.

Bug Description:
Path Tracer ignores grass height and density. The only way to get a manageable exterior render result with Path Tracer is to use Long Grass. This will at least give you a filled in lawn even though it’s 8" high. This also introduces other issues like the ability to use clovers, weeds, etc. to obtain a more realistic lawnscape because they will not be visible with the grass being so high.

Secondary Bug Description:
All of the detail grasses (Lawn Border, etc.) are still non-functional. I’m not sure why these are being ignored.

The last time I posted this issue a Twinmotion representative stated that it would be put on a list of bugs to address. Is there any update?

Hi, I had the same problem but I turned off automatic scaling when importing my sketchup model. The grass was huge no matter what I did. I re-imorted the model allowing automatic scaling and problem resolved, I hope this helps.