Grass field on a Static Mesh?

Hi guys, I’m currently in the process of making my very first game. I’m making an endless runner since I figured it’s a good place to start and learn the program. I am creating the platforms as the character runs using blueprints and platforms I have created. I wanted to create a forest area, and was wondering, is it possible to apply Landscape Grass Type to static meshes? I would like to generate a grass field as the characters runs, but doing it through individually placed grass bunches just causes too many draw calls, so I figured the environment foliage tools would help. It doesn’t seem like it’s possible to apply them to the blueprint or static meshes, or at least I couldn’t find any information on it online. Does anyone have any suggestions, or a way for me to create a grassy field without a large amount of draw calls? Thank you very much!

Sorry, but I don’t think it’s possible, they say so in a twitch. That’s why in kite demo there’s no grass in some places.

What?
I can paint landscape on static meshes :eek:

hello

try shearching for instances because the foliage is using it and it reduce draw calls

I believe the author was talking about the new landscape grass tool in material editor

Thanks for the help guys! Yeah, if possible I would love to use the grass tool in the material editor with the Landscape Grass Type, but be able to place where I want. Another way I was thinking it could work is if I had the terrain a little bit bellow the static mesh, basically hidden away, but I couldn’t find a way to tell the terrain to be exactly certain sizes. Right now I made extra large clumps of grass, which has definitely reduced draw calls, but it doesn’t look nearly as good as with the Environment Grass Type. :frowning:

You can specify for each foliagetype on which geometry the foliage painting will apply: there are checkboxes for landscape, static meshes, BSP…in the foliage menu.

Oh cool! Do you know if it’s possible to use it inside a blueprint actor?