Graphics card crashed or D3D removed crash constantly

You mean this one?

Unfortunately for me it did not work…

I can confirm it didn’t for me either.

So it seems that (so far) creating a new project in the latest version is working better. I think I’ve seen the error once or twice but so far not nearly as freaquent. There are a couple things different I haven’t done yet

• used any large body water tools. Just the river

• imported any 3D models from other software

I’ll continue to monitor if it’s still working better. Not that I want to start over again but it was mostly a test project Anyway to learn in.

1 Like

Hello, I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling Nvidia Studio and installing Nvidia game ready.
I used it for 3 hours straight and I didn’t have that problem for now.
I hope it helps you.

A couple of days back, I have the same problem, I will also try your replies.

On Windows 11 we simply reset NVIDIA settings (via control panel) to default ones and the issue is magically gone
P.S. We have the latest NVIDIA GameReady driver installed.

Yes I dont think this is my issue I dont have issue where it randomly crashes rather I just cant open one particular project without it immediately crashing.

My issue was after I exited without saving then a save dialog came up and I did not tick one of the recent actions.

I’ve been having this issue for the last two days after Upgrading to Windows 11, I’ve done everything mentioned above but nothing seemed to be working. D3d crashed every few minutes of rendering in the movie render queue.
the Last thing I did was Tdrdelay and it seemed to stabilize UE5. right now my Pc has been rendering for the last 12 + hours and no crashes so far.

I am running Nvidia game ready drivers and MSi profile at balanced.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be caused by RivaTuner. Sometimes is sufficient to close the MSI Afterburner app, but other times RivaTuner would keep working in the background and would need to be stopped from the Task Manager, Background Processes.

I hope this helps! All my UE5 projects would crash after a few seconds from loading up, apart for the “Demonstrating Animation Blueprints and AI for Gameplay Designers” project for some reasons.

This didn’t age well. XD

Which part?

Still true.
If you have some additional good information, please share!