GPU Visualizer crash in VR

I have a VR project using Vive Pro.
Everytime I try to capture a gpu frame using ctrl + shift + , it crash with that error :

LoginId:d5bee7294be79fb5ac7005a8f3cfeea1
EpicAccountId:6c2dcdda961f4c50826d1d993389402d

Assertion failed: InRect.Width() <= TextureRHI->GetSizeXYZ().X >> InFlags.GetMip() [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11RenderTarget.cpp] [Line: 505] Provided rect width (4936), must be smaller or equal to the texture size requested Mip (4196)

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

It seams that Vive rendering is using a higher resolution than what GPU Profilling can achieve… May I expend gpu profilling capture resolution?
Any other idea?
Thanks for any help

Were you able to find a solution for this? I’m getting this exact crash, and it’s happening across engine versions which is making me think it’s a hardware issue.

Leaving this here for anybody else that runs into this problem, not sure what causes it or what the proper solution is, however here is a workaround:

If you look at:

"Assertion failed: …Provided rect width (4936), must be smaller or equal to the texture size requested Mip (4196)"

I found there is a correlation between Resolution Per Eye setting in SteamVR and the Provided rect width in the crash, as well as the vr.PixelDensity value in engine and the requested Mip value in the crash.

The higher the Resolution Per Eye setting in SteamVR, the higher the Provided rect width value will be in the crash.

The higher the vr.PixelDensity setting in engine, the higher the requested Mip value in the crash.

What I did to work around this is note the values in the crash (I set the Resolution Per Eye setting in SteamVR to 100%, as I noticed SteamVR seemed to arbitrarily set it to 150%), do the math to figure out what the vr.PixelDensity value needed to be to match the Provided rect width value:

In my case, with Resolution Per Eye set to 100% and vr.PixelDensity set to 1.0, my Provided rect width was 4032 and my requested Mip value was 3600. Did the math, 3600 * 1.12 = 4032. I re-launch UE4, launch VR PIE, set vr.PixelDensity to 1.12, profilegpu, and voila no crash and proper output from the profiler.