GPU running on 100%

Hey,

i want to learn how i can optimizing my GPU in UE4 but i dont know how i can fix my Duration.
I have only a landcape with directionalLight etc:

My Scene Duration is to much with 52.82 ms …

How i can learn to find the Solution? Where do I look?

Here my GPU:

Thx for the fast answer, i will replace my texture on landcape
i have 2 layers:

Framerate

Ok thx, then I’ll check what the cause is and get back to you :slight_smile:

If that’s all you have in the scene, it will be the landscape material causing the problem. And then from that, -probably- textures used, or too many layers.

Could also be the landscape is too complex, very hard to tell from here.

EDIT: Sorry, coming at this in ‘bits’. Two layers doesn’t sound like much. Before you try and optimize anything, look at your framerate. If you’re getting 120fps, nothing is wrong.

Once you have a level with anything worthwhile in it, the GPU will probably be stuck on 100%.

is my texture to large?
I also have the texture on the mountains^^

No, that’s fine.

The easy way to tell what causing the problem is by removing things from the scene. If you delete something ( landscape, mountains etc ), and you framerate goes from 40 to 120 ( say ), then you know what’s causing the problem.

By ‘landscape’, though, I think you mean ‘and everything on it’ :slight_smile:

I meant, the actual material or mesh.

I’m still banking on foliage being a problem… :wink:

But if i delete the landscape, the the foliage is deleted too.
And 76% for water BP and sky etc is to much

You have a LOT of stuff in the scene!

At a glance, I’d say the trees are probably one of your main problems ( maybe ).

Without landscape
GPU (without landsacpe ) : 76%

The Water is a blueprint and the deleting and resetting did nothing, just something with landcape

120 is correct ( max by default ). Like I say, GPU% in windows doesn’t mean anything. It will be typically around 100 for almost any load.

You can’t tell much from the GPU%, it’s not a profiling tool. First port of call is framerate. If your framerate is not good, the easiest and quickest way to get an idea what is causing the problem is removing actors.

Once you know what’s loading the system, then you can look at profiling.

What’s your framerate with just water and sky?

Is that a particle system for snow?

That could also be the problem…

no, i deleted it

Ok, thx for your Time :slight_smile: Now i unterstand

Only with water and sky i have 120 fps
Is it normal for my graphics card to run continuously at 100 %?

You’re welcome. From what I’ve seen, you should be able to get that level running at 60fps or above…

If you’re standing in the road, the trees nearest to you should already be at LOD2. All the other trees should be billboards LOD.