GPU Lightmass not working on Landscape

Thank you, worked like a charm!

Hey I upgraded from 5.2 to 5.3 recently and noticed the same issue reported on this forum post. I tried out the patch and it does fix the issue!

Can confirm it’s working after replacing UnrealEditor-GPULightmass.dll with your version.
Thank you so much !

Before:

After:

1 Like

hi @EarlSinclair ,
Thanks for testing. It was a small change, but it means a lot that people are happy with the work😁

1 Like

Hey! The patch fixed a bunch, thanks for that! The only issue I’m experiencing when baking is that the landscape does not cast a shadow on itself. Do you have the same issue?

UE 5.2.1:

UE 5.3.2:

Hi there, I download Luoshuangs GPU Lightmass (LGPU) 5.3 patch and replace files like read me said. However, it didn’t work. I use 5.3.2

Hi @Sherry_Xxx ,

I think you probably should have loaded the EPIC GPU Lightmass patches
EpicGPULightMass Landscape 5.3.2 Patch/README.md

This will fix the picture above. The patch you have loaded is for baking using Nvidia code directly on the GPU.

Epic GPU Lightmass require at least a Nvidia RTX2010 onward or AMD 5000 and uses direct x 12 shaders 6.1 extensions and Windows 10 NOT Windows 11(eleven)

1 Like

It works

thank you

Using Unreal 5.4.3 here, and GPU Lightmass renders Landscape fine, but there is no light bounce from it.
It looks like it uses a black albedo during baking instead of the landscape material. It works fine with CPU lightmass.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Correction, it’s not just using incorrect albedo, it’s actually not occluding any other meshes either. It receives lighting but doesn’t affect lighting, only with GPU lightmass.

hi @michel.chafouin ,
You better off moving this question to
Epic’s GPUlightmass - Development / Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

My real expertise is in
Luoshuang’s GPULightmass Unreal Engine 5.4.3 patch

Thanks, I will. Just FYI, I did try with LGPU and got the same results.

Hi @michel.chafouin ,
That is because the CUDA code has to be compatible with GPU is UE4

1 Like