GPU Lightmass Emissive Lighting Broken in 5.2

@Johan.Folke No need to worry about the bug report summary, our bug reporting software already identifies those regression points and addresses severity as such.

@Sharkster-NXR We’ve identified that it is not working partially and in fact broken. As I mentioned above to Johan, our bug reporting software already identifies those regression points and addresses severity.

@Matthew.Ivey Thanks for clarification and the overall swift communication! Looking forward to the fix.

1 Like

No problem, happy to assist :slight_smile: We try to be as transparent as we can be and appreciate the community in finding issues!

1 Like

Looks like it’s been fixed - github commit if anyone urgently needs this fix try building from source :slight_smile: otherwise, wait for 5.4. Thanks, everyone

2 Likes

Great news! I wonder of it could be compiled for 5.2/5.3 ad well, if the bug is just with the actual plug-in?

I’ve compiled the plugin with the bounce fix for 5.3.1, posting it here for anyone who needs it: google drive link.

6 Likes

Hi @HTPlatypus, we’re currently on 5.2 with the same struggles. I know a little C++ if there’s just a few lines to change. Can you tell me what the fix was so i can fix our 5.2 version??

You just need to change a single boolean condition in a shader file, all the info you need is in the git commit by epic :slight_smile:

Just tried (was curious) but don’t install this one in the updated 5.3.2 or UE won’t launch

I’ve replaced the GPU Lightmass plugin that comes with 5.3.1 with your build, but I still can’t get emissive lights to bake. Did I miss a step? Have you confirmed that it’s working on your end?

did you check the line in the file mentioned in git hub? You don’t need to be a programmer or compile anything. Just make the change in any text editor. It’s just replacing 2 lines with one line. Change the lines in red to the line in green. It worked for me. Should work for any version of Unreal. It is broken for me in 5.2 and 5.3

This is the file you ned to change

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.