GPU for Archviz

Hi everybody, i’m doing some research build my new pc for Archviz projects (rendering videos and static images of houses and bigger buildings) maybe some interactive models, but its not the main goal.

Thinking in Gpus with a better price than 3090, because in countries like Brazil this are out of question right now, which videocards do you people recommend to this kind of work?

I was thinking in videocards like 3060ti or 3070, but the lack of Vram its a problem, its really easy to use 10GB on a scene, so a 3060 looks a more interesting option here. (3080 is a option as well, but 10gb, just 2gb more than a 3060ti, for a lot more money doesnt look that good)

The other option would be the amd cards, 6700XT and 6800XT, specially the 6800XT, its now with a good price, and 16gb of VRAM is plenty to do this kind of word, the only problem would be the behavior using ray tracing, even if it would be for rendering, and not actual real time (gaming)

What you people think about it ? would be nice to have a discussion about it, since its really difficult to find any data about GPUS been tested on UE5, specially the amd ones, thank you !

1 Like

Yes, this topic is interesting, I would also like to learn more about this issue. I have seen articles and research on the resource several times PugetSystems(com) but I do not know how much they are correct, fresh and relevant there.
AMD Ryzen 5000 Series CPU Performance ( Written on November 5, 2020 by Kelly Shipman).
Hardware Recommendations for Unreal Engine (this link is for general recommendations)

Summary

I am sure that the Epic Games team that works on the issues of the architectural visualization engine could easily make such tests, comparisons and describe in detail which components are best suited for various tasks… But I think they observe neutrality, because in any tests someone will win, and someone will lose, and it will still be a minor loss of authority, money and reputation for this team. :sweat:

Thanks for your reply! those recomendations are exactly what I’m talking about lol.

They simply throw at you “buy a 3090” even tho they have a partnership with AMD. For Archviz (besides doing the interactive model) you don’t mind having less fps, but you need vram to put textures and vegetation, I’m working on a laptop with a 1660ti and the main issue is the VRAM, the model goes pretty ok on simple scenes, but I need to put trees far away to compensates (or lowering LOD manually).

Looking to the 6800XT, it has 6gb more than a 3080, and here in Brazil you can pay something like 150$ less, so it would be great, but its hard to find someone trying with raytracing features. They could talk more about their partner’s products.

1 Like